The Yorkshire Volunteer Fire Department is currently seeking volunteers for operational and administrative membership. Some benefits for becoming part of the Y.V.F.D. include the following:
- Free Training
- Free Uniforms and Gear
- Personal Property Tax exemption for one vehicle
- Retirement though the Length of Service Awards Program (LOSAP)
- A great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- And having the Satisfaction of Helping Others
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must complete a background check
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be willing to pull at least one duty night per week and one Saturday duty per month
Duty Crew Information
Our station is covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year by career and volunteer personnel. The Prince William County Fire and Rescue Department provides a career staff Monday though Friday from 6am to 6pm. Our duty crews are broken into six duty crews (Sunday-Friday). Sunday's duty begins at 9am to 6am and is the only that is not required to pull a duty weekend. Monday-Friday's duties begin at 6pm to 6am and are required to pull a duty weekend. Our duty weekend is one Saturday duty per month which is a 24 hour shift.
For more information or if you would like to do a ride along you can contact us at (703)368-4433 or you can come by our station, located at 8277 Patton Lane, Manassas, Virginia 20111. To ride along you must be 18 years or older. If you would like to ride with us from another department you must get permission in writing from from your department chief and must provide your own gear.